Monday, March 19, 2012

My Wake Up Call

My wake up call happened about a month a go.  I had been having dizzy spells that I thought were blood pressure related. I decided it was time to see a doctor, it had been nearly 10 years since I really saw a GP.  First he told me I was seriously over weight (which I knew but was in denial). He then ran a lot of blood work and told me I was pre-diabetic. The doctor said I need to drastically cut down on my pop intake or give it up entirely. It has been a month with out pop and I am pretty darn proud of my self. I am also working out an average of 5 to 6 days a week at the Y. I am also eating a better diet with lots of veggies (yes I said veggies). I am cooking things like eggplant and asparagus and actually liking them. I have come to a realization that I need to get healthy. I believe not taking care of my health is a dis-service to my family. With God's grace and help I will become a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment